Senate District T, Democrat
Date and Place of Birth:
- June 18, 1953
- Doctor, Pilot, Reindeer Herder, Businessman
- Spouse: Willow Olson
- Children: Colby, Martin, Donald Jr., Maggie Rae, Solomon
Residency in Alaska:
- Lifelong Alaskan - Golovin, Alaska
- Various flight schools to achieve: Airline Transport Pilot License; Commercial License, Airplane & Helicopters; Airframe & Power Plant Mechanics License; Inspector Authorization;
- Seattle Pacific College; University of Minnesota, Duluth, B.A. Chemistry;
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks;
- Oral Roberts School of Medicine, M.D.;
- University of Colorado School of Law;
- Cambridge University, Cambridge England
Political and Government Positions:
- Alaska State Medical Board, Appointed by Governor Knowles, 1995
Business and Professional Positions:
- President/CEO: Olson Air Service, Inc.
- Donald Olson Enterprises, Inc.
- Olson Ventures, LLC
Service Organization(s) Membership:
- Alaska State Medical Association
- Missionary Aviation Repair Center-Advisory Board
- Explorers Club of New York
- Aviation Medical Examiner
- Polar exploration, ivory carving, reindeer herding, aviation collectibles, reading
SB 84 ~ Language Immersion Schools
As a father, I know firsthand that children are not only my future, but Alaska’s future. For that future to be sound, we need to encourage our children to seek a further understanding of the world around them: how it operates, different viewpoints, and how diversity makes us stronger. Having students not only learn a second language but be immersed in a second language creates a greater capacity for growth.
SB 159 ~ Indigenous Peoples Day
SB 159 is designed to honor the indigenous peoples of the state as the first to inhabit the land. This legislation recognizes how indigenous people have shaped both the creation and continuing existence of the state by sharing wisdom, labor, knowledge and many personal and cultural achievements.