Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
Member News more >
JUNEAU – Ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber will be able to operate in Alaska today thanks to legislation supported by Sen. Mia Costello, R-Anchorage.
JUNEAU – Today, the Alaska State Senate unanimously passed a bill allowing ridesharing services such as Uber, Lyft, and SideCar to operate in Alaska.
JUNEAU – If the income tax backed by the House Democrat Majority and the Governor becomes law, Alaska would have to hire at least 60 new state employees to stand up its very own ‘Alaska IRS’.
JUNEAU – A bill to allow ridesharing services such as Uber, Lyft, and SideCar to operate in Alaska passed the Alaska State Senate today by a vote of 14 to 5.
JUNEAU – Recognizing the importance of ingenuity and creativity in building a strong economy, members of the Alaska State Legislature have formed a caucus centered on moving Alaska’s economy forward through innovation.
District K, Republican
Place of Birth
- Lifelong Alaskan
- Anchorage (1968-91, 99-03, 08 to present)
- Juneau (1991-99, 03-06)
- Fairbanks (2006-08)
- Mother, teacher, public relations executive and Governor's staff
- Spouse: Andrew
- Two boys
- West High School - Diploma, 1986
- Harvard University - B.A. in Government, 1990
- University of Alaska Southeast - Master of Arts in Teaching, 1997
Alaska State House of Representatives
- Finance Committee: 2011 - 2014
Alaska State Senate
- Chair, Labor and Commerce Committee 2015-Present
- Co-Chair, Joint Armed Services Committee
- Member, Judiciary Committee 2015-Present
Other Political and Government Positions
- Governor's Office Deputy Director of Communications
- Legislative aide
- State Public Information Officer
- Intern coordinator for U.S. Senator Ted Stevens
- Governor's Outdoor Recreation and Trails Advisory Council
- Governor's Council on Physical Fitness & Sports
- Statehood Celebration Commission
Business and Professional Positions
- Coach, NineStar Education & Employment Services
- Teacher, Anchorage and Juneau School Districts
- Public relations executive
- Owner, Mia Costello Consulting
Service Organizations and Community Involvement
- Alaska Outdoor Council
- National Rifle Association
- Alaska Airmen's Association
- Anchorage Republican Women's Club, Juneau Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Masters Swimming
- Alaska Humanities Forum Teacher Exchange to Sand Point
- Co-Nect Schools Excellence in Education finalist
- Youth literacy
Legislation more >
Senate Bill 14, the Let’s Ride Alaska Act, improves transportation and economic opportunity through innovation The bill provides clarity in state law to allow for Rideshare companies to operate in Alaska...
Senate Bill 17 establishes the Stevens-Inouye University Exchange Program at the University of Alaska and the University of Hawaii The bill creates an exchange program between the universities for political science...
Senate Bill 80 updates state statute to improve technology service for Alaska’s deaf, hard of hearing,
and speech impaired community.
Senate Concurrent Resolution 10 would proclaim 2018 as the Year of Innovation in Alaska.
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, China Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok & Copper Center
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point, Tanana & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska