Representing Kenai, Soldotna, Seward, Nikiski, Funny River, Sterling, Cooper Landing & Moose Pass
Member News more >
JUNEAU – The Alaska State Senate today unanimously passed a measure that would open the door to more economic opportunity by reducing the state’s regulatory burden on hairdressers, barbers, and hair braiders.
JUNEAU - Today, by a vote of 11 to 8, the Alaska Senate concurred with the House changes to Senate Bill 54. SB54 toughens Alaska criminal laws reversing some provisions of Senate Bill 91 passed in 2016.
Alcohol and substance abuse destroy individual lives, families and adversely affect communities. It is also a key cost driver in several state departments responsible for responding to the resulting carnage. Although we have noticed the increase of opioid abuse in our state, alcohol remains the single greatest destructive and most abused substance in Alaska.
District O, Republican
Residency: Soldotna, Alaska
- Erin Micciche (wife), Madeline (20), Sophie (9), Lucia (6) and Stella (14 Months)
- Superintendent, Energy Sector
- Commercial Salmon Fisherman (Drift Gillnet)
Length of Residency in Alaska
- 33 Years
Alaskan Communities Lived in:
- Central Kenai Peninsula (1982-Present)
- Alaska Pacific University, B.A. Business (Org) Management (Summa cum Laude)
Political and Government Positions
- Soldotna City Council: 2007-08
- Soldotna Mayor: 2008-2013
- Kenai River Special Management Area Board
- National Fire Protection Association Standards Council (LNG)
- USCG Area Maritime Security Committee
- Kenai Peninsula Economic Development District Board
- Regional Suicide Prevention Team
- Alaska Partnership for Infrastructure Protection
- Kenai Peninsula Local Emergency Planning Committee
Business and Professional Positions:
- 1994-present – Commercial salmon drift gillnet fisherman
- 1982-present – Natural gas/LNG positions from roustabout to LNG Superintendent
- 1983-present – Small Businessman (restaurant, snow plowing, commercial painting, residential rentals)
Service Organization(s) Membership:
- Sons of the American Legion
- Soldotna Rotary
- Boys and Girls Clubs (Board)
- Soldotna /Kenai/Homer Chambers of Commerce
- Sport Fishing, Hunting, Ice Hockey, Youth Development, Economic Development, Fish Habitat, Veteran and Senior Issues
Alaska State Senate 2013 - Present:
- Alaska State Senate 2013 - Present:
- Community and Regional Affairs Committee Chairman 2013-2014
- Health and Social Services Committee Vice-Chairman 2013-2014
- Labor and Commerce Committee Vice-Chairman 2013-2014
- Special Committee on TAPS Throughput Co-Chairman 2013-2014
- Resources Committee 2013 – present
- Finance Committee Vice-Chairman 2015 -
- Judiciary Committee 2015 -
- Transportation Committee Chairman 2015-
- Special Committee on In-State Energy 2013-2014
- Special Committee on Energy Co-Chairman 2015 -
- Legislative Council Vice-Chairman 2013-2014, Member 2015
- World Trade and Tourism 2013 - present
- Special World Trade Committee 2013- present
- Finance Subcommittees
- Natural Resources 2013-2014
- Military and Veterans’ Affairs 2013-2014
- Transportation and Public Facilities, Member 2013-2014, Chairman 2015
- Health and Social Services Chairman 2015 -
- Fish and Game 2015 -
- Task Force on Unmanned Aircraft Systems Co-Chairman 2015-
- Ethics Committee Alternate 2015-
Legislation more >
Under Title 8 licensed professionals regulated by the Board of Barbers and Hairdressers (Board) must work in a licensed shop These students or practitioners are required by statute to conspicuously display their...
SB 63 seeks to protect Alaskan employees from the adverse health effects of secondhand smoke by providing a statewide smoke-free workplace law for businesses and public places In Alaska, more people die annually from...
SB 64 protects the buyer and seller of contaminated property while allowing the fullest and best use of the property until the contamination reaches safe levels The bill creates a legal mechanism to safely transfer...
SB 76 modernizes the over 35-year-old Title 4 statutes governing the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (Board) The bill allows the Board to function more efficiently as they regulate the alcohol industry in a manner...
This legislation would expand the authority for second-class boroughs to exercise the local option of creating a non-taxable service area to provide emergency response along state highway corridors not covered by...
Alaska has become home to an ever-aging fleet of vessels These vessels have become uneconomical to operate and therefore remain moored in public harbors or grounded in State tidelands We have an increasing number of...
SB173 conforms Alaska law to federal law with respect to wood poles treated with pesticides registered with the Environmental Protection Agency The legislation is drafted narrowly to apply only to a “wood utility...
This bill will allow school districts to re-employ educators who are retired for six months if the educator is younger than age 62 or for 60 days if the educator is aged 62 years or older Effectively this will allow school...
Senate Bill 189 would grandfather hospitality businesses that have been operating for at least thirty years, some for close to one hundred, and allow them to continue operating with a tourism beverage dispensary...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok & Copper Center
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point, Tanana & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska