News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Majority Office
For Immediate Release: February 22, 2018
Senate Republicans Confirm Mike Shower to District E Seat
JUNEAU – Senate Republicans today confirmed Mike “Dozer” Shower to represent District E in the Alaska Senate. Mr. Shower was nominated by Gov. Bill Walker Tuesday and was among the additional nominees submitted by Republicans in the district.
“The Senate will soon be made whole again with the addition of Mr. Shower,” said Senate President Pete Kelly (R-Fairbanks). “Alaska is home to more military veterans per capita than any state in the Union, and we hope Mr. Shower brings that culture of service to the Legislature as he works on behalf of the people of District E.”
Mr. Shower served in the U.S. Air Force for two decades as a pilot where he achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and commanded the first squadron of F-22s at Elmendorf Air Force Base. As Squadron Commander, he led the first successful F-22 intercept of a Russian aircraft in 2007.
“The Senate stood tough for the people of District E and we appreciate that Mr. Shower was chosen through the traditional process,” said Senate Majority Leader Peter Micciche (R-Soldotna). “His military service to this country is exemplary, making him well suited for today’s tough decisions. We’re looking forward to working with Mr. Shower to address the problems that face Alaskans.”
In 2010, Mr. Shower retired from the Air Force and currently flies for FedEx.
Mr. Shower holds a Bachelor of Science from the United States Air Force Academy and a Master of Business Administration from Touro University.
For more information, contact Senate Majority Press Secretary Daniel McDonald at (907) 465-4066.
News & Videos more >
ANCHORAGE – The Alaska Senate Majority today announced its complete team for the 31st Alaska Legislature, which begins Jan. 15.
ANCHORAGE – Members of the Alaska Senate today formed a new majority organization including all 13 Republican senators.
FAIRBANKS – Today, a bill restoring access rights to private homesteaded property owners in the James Dalton Highway corridor became law.
ANCHORAGE – Today, a bill designating September 11 of each year as Patriot Day was signed into law.
Today Governor signed a bill allowing school districts to temporarily fill vacancies with qualified retired teachers.
Today the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that major portions of Ballot Measure #1 may appear on November’s general election ballot, despite striking down other un-constitutional...
ANCHORAGE – Today, a bill to increase Alaskans’ access to affordable behavioral healthcare and save state dollars was signed into law.
ANCHORAGE – Today, a bill ensuring that companies in the business of helping Alaskans appraise real estate can continue to operate was signed into law.
ANCHORAGE – A bill to protect Alaskans from the adverse health effects of secondhand smoke in the workplace was signed into law this week by Gov. Bill Walker....
ANCHORAGE – Today, Sen. Bert Stedman (R-Sitka), chairman of the Legislative Budget & Audit Committee, sent the Department of Law a criminal referral for the unauthorized leak of a...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska