News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Majority Office
For Immediate Release: February 22, 2018
Senate Republicans Confirm Mike Shower to District E Seat
JUNEAU – Senate Republicans today confirmed Mike “Dozer” Shower to represent District E in the Alaska Senate. Mr. Shower was nominated by Gov. Bill Walker Tuesday and was among the additional nominees submitted by Republicans in the district.
“The Senate will soon be made whole again with the addition of Mr. Shower,” said Senate President Pete Kelly (R-Fairbanks). “Alaska is home to more military veterans per capita than any state in the Union, and we hope Mr. Shower brings that culture of service to the Legislature as he works on behalf of the people of District E.”
Mr. Shower served in the U.S. Air Force for two decades as a pilot where he achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and commanded the first squadron of F-22s at Elmendorf Air Force Base. As Squadron Commander, he led the first successful F-22 intercept of a Russian aircraft in 2007.
“The Senate stood tough for the people of District E and we appreciate that Mr. Shower was chosen through the traditional process,” said Senate Majority Leader Peter Micciche (R-Soldotna). “His military service to this country is exemplary, making him well suited for today’s tough decisions. We’re looking forward to working with Mr. Shower to address the problems that face Alaskans.”
In 2010, Mr. Shower retired from the Air Force and currently flies for FedEx.
Mr. Shower holds a Bachelor of Science from the United States Air Force Academy and a Master of Business Administration from Touro University.
For more information, contact Senate Majority Press Secretary Daniel McDonald at (907) 465-4066.
News & Videos more >
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously approved a bill to streamline the licensure process for physicians in Alaska.
JUNEAU – Today, the Alaska Senate passed a “fast-track” supplemental budget totaling $110.2 million in funding for urgent and unanticipated state expenses....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously approved a bill to prohibit electronic smoking devices for individuals under 19 years of age.
JUNEAU – The Alaska State Senate today unanimously approved a resolution proclaiming the month of April 2018 as Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
JUNEAU – Senate Republicans today confirmed Mike “Dozer” Shower to represent District E in the Alaska Senate. Mr. Shower was nominated by Gov. Bill Walker Tuesday and was among the...
JUNEAU – The unanimous passage of SB 125 from the Alaska State Senate extends the bonding authorization for the Interior Energy Project (IEP), a critical financing component of the...
JUNEAU – Senate President Pete Kelly (R-Fairbanks) today issued the following statement in response to Gov. Bill Walker’s appointment of Mike Shower to represent Senate District E....
JUNEAU – Today, a bill requiring able-bodied recipients of Medicaid to pursue employment, volunteer service or subsistence activities, as a condition of eligibility, was introduced...
JUNEAU – Today, a bill to license out-of-state wholesale drug distributors unanimously passed the Alaska State Senate.
JUNEAU – This morning, Gov. Bill Walker’s nominee to the District E Senate Seat, Randall Kowalke, failed to be confirmed after Senate Republicans met to decide the issue....
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok & Copper Center
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point, Tanana & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska