News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Stedman
For Immediate Release: June 28, 2018
Sen. Stedman Accepts Appointment to National Petroleum Council
ANCHORAGE – Sen. Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) today announced he will serve on the National Petroleum Council (NPC) following his appointment to the board by the Secretary of the Department of Energy, Rick Perry.
The NPC is an advisory board to the Secretary of Energy regarding oil and natural gas issues. Sen. Stedman’s role will be to represent the views of the states in public policy decision making.
“Having served previously on the NPC in 2014 and 2015, I look forward to again representing Alaska’s unique position on oil and gas issues as the only true Arctic state in the U.S.,” Sen. Stedman said. “During my prior service on NPC I was very engaged in a comprehensive study looking at the potential development of oil and gas deposits in Alaska’s arctic.”
The NPC was established in 1946 by President Truman and has since prepared hundreds of publicly available reports.
“Throughout my career as a legislator, I have had the opportunity to serve Alaskans and be involved in oil and gas issues on the national and international levels,” Sen. Stedman added. “I will use this opportunity to continue working hard to ensure responsible oil and gas development for the benefit of Alaskans, a healthy state treasury and growing state economy.”
For more information, contact Senate Majority Press Secretary Daniel McDonald at (907) 269-0147.
News & Videos more >
ANCHORAGE – A bill to protect Alaskans from the adverse health effects of secondhand smoke in the workplace was signed into law this week by Gov. Bill Walker....
ANCHORAGE – Today, Sen. Bert Stedman (R-Sitka), chairman of the Legislative Budget & Audit Committee, sent the Department of Law a criminal referral for the unauthorized leak of a...
ANCHORAGE – Sen. Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) today announced he will serve on the National Petroleum Council (NPC) following his appointment to the board by the Secretary of the Department...
ANCHORAGE – A bill to reduce the state’s regulatory burden on barbers, hairdressers, hair braiders and those with student loans was signed into law today by Gov. Bill Walker....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today adjourned the second session of the 30th Alaska Legislature, sine die.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today passed a bill to restore access rights to private homesteaded property owners in the James Dalton Highway corridor.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today passed legislation providing students across Alaska access to the best curriculum in the world.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today took another step toward clean and affordable natural gas in Fairbanks and North Pole with the passage of legislation extending the bonding...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today concurred with the final version of the state operating budget for Fiscal Year 2019, totaling $3.1 billion in unrestricted general funds (UGF) for...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today approved a program to resolve nearly $1 billion owed to small oil and gas companies and reinvigorate work in the state’s oil patch....
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska