Fighting Federal Overreach
Protect Alaska's Sovereignty and Opportunities Inherent in our Land and Resources
Declarations by the Obama Administration jeopardized Alaska's ability to provide economic opportunity and essential state services to future generations. Our members have spoken out forcefully for Alaska's right to responsibly manage and develop our lands and resources.
After years of fighting the Obama Administration's persistent attempts to lockup Alaska land and resources, the Senate Majority is seeking to engage in a cooperative dialog with the current Administration.
Senate Bills Focused on protecting the State's rights
News more >
SITKA – Sen Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) introduced a constitutional amendment today for consideration in the upcoming legislative session to protect the Permanent Fund and guarantee a...
SB 28 was sponsored by Sen Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) to increase the Petersburg Borough’s land entitlement to 14,666 acres When the Petersburg Borough was created by the voters in 2013 they...
JUNEAU - Today, by a vote of 11 to 8, the Alaska Senate concurred with the House changes to Senate Bill 54 SB54 toughens Alaska criminal laws reversing some provisions of Senate Bill 91 passed...
ANCHORAGE – The co-chairs of the legislative working group created by House Bill 111, Sen Cathy Giessel (R-Anchorage) and Rep Geran Tarr (D-Anchorage), announced today the working...
ANCHORAGE – Today, members of the Alaska Senate Majority urged Lt Gov Byron Mallott to appeal a recent ruling allowing an unconstitutional initiative to proceed...
ANCHORAGE – Members of the Alaska Senate Majority today expressed disappointment with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Sturgeon v Masica, a case centered on Alaskans’...
BETHEL – Sen Lyman Hoffman, D-Bethel, today thanked Marc Luiken, Commissioner of the Alaska Department Transportation and Public Facilities (DOT), for the Walker...
FAIRBANKS – Sen Pete Kelly, R-Fairbanks, President of the Alaska Senate, today released the following statement in response to Gov Bill Walker’s proclamation convening the 30th...
FAIRBANKS – Members of the Alaska Senate Majority today responded to Ahtna, Inc ’s rejection of the Walker administration’s proposed settlement regarding public access to...
JUNEAU – Today, Gov Bill Walker signed House Bill 111 into law, legislation that ends the state's program of cash payments to companies in the oil and gas industry...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, China Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok & Copper Center
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point, Tanana & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska