Ketchikan, Sitka, Wrangell, Metlakatla, Craig, Petersburg, Klawock & Hoonah
Member News more >
JUNEAU – Today, the co-chairs of the Senate Finance Committee, Senator Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) and Senator Natasha von Imhof (R-Anchorage), commented on Governor Michael J. Dunleavy’s amended Fiscal Year 2020 budget proposal.
ANCHORAGE – Today, co-chairs of the Senate Finance Committee, Senator Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) and Senator Natasha von Imhof (R-Anchorage), commented on Governor Mike Dunleavy’s preliminary Fiscal Year 2020 budget proposal.
SB 28 was sponsored by Sen. Bert Stedman (R-Sitka) to increase the Petersburg Borough’s land entitlement to 14,666 acres. When the Petersburg Borough was created by the voters in 2013 they had only received 1,896 acres.
Southeast Alaska District R, Republican
Senator Stedman is known for his expertise on energy, taxation, public finance, and state budgeting issues. He served as Co-Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee from 2007 – 2012. During his initial time as Co-Chair, billions of dollars were deposited into state savings accounts such as the Constitutional Budget Reserve and the Earnings Reserve Account of the Alaska Permanent Fund. Protecting the Permanent Fund for future generations of Alaskans to share the state’s oil wealth is his main priority. In 2019, Senator Stedman was again selected by his fellow legislators to serve as Co-Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. Senator Stedman also serves on the Legislative Budget & Audit Committee and the Legislative Council Committee.
Senator Stedman is a past and current member of the Energy Council. The Energy Council is an organization of 13 energy-producing states and two Canadian provinces focused on oil and gas issues and policy. Senator Stedman was elected to chair the Energy Council in 2012 for two years. He presently serves on the Executive Committee.
Senator Stedman has served on the National Petroleum Council. He was most recently appointed by Rick Perry, the United States Secretary of Energy in 2018. The National Petroleum Council is a federal committee with a duty to advise, inform, and make recommendations to the Secretary of Energy with respect to oil and gas issues. Members serve without compensation.
Senator Stedman’s experience in financial issues has served the state well and will continue to in the future.
Legislation more >
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska