UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok & Copper Center
Member News more >
The numbers are in for the 2019 Alaska Permanent Fund Education Raffle. The program, in its first year, raised a grand total of $976,400, with 85 percent of the proceeds directly benefiting the state’s K-12 public education system.
District C, Republican
Throughout his lifetime, Senator Click Bishop has been motivated by a strong desire to help build Alaskan communities through hard work, straight talk, and common sense.
Click was born July 25, 1957 in Mexico, Missouri, and came to Alaska with his family when he was two years old. He lived in a dozen small towns all across the state, until settling in Fairbanks long enough to graduate from Lathrop High School in 1974. Upon entering the workforce, Click joined the Operating Engineers Local 302 and went to work on the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline, and later on a myriad of civil, heavy and highway projects across the state.
His focus throughout his career has been on creating jobs, workforce development, and working with companies and businesses to hire skilled Alaskan employees.
To that end, Click served as administrator and coordinator for the Alaska Operating Engineers/Employers Training Trust from 1991-2006, where he oversaw the training programs needed to support a skilled workforce. After that, he was appointed Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development. He served as commissioner for 5-1/2 years under Governors Sarah Palin and Sean Parnell, until April 2012.
As a nearly life-long Alaskan, Click enjoys many outdoor activities readily available to residents of the Interior, including hunting, fishing, trapping, placer mining, dog mushing, boating and snow machining. He is a voracious reader and student of history, especially Alaska history.
Click and his wife, Darlene, have two daughters and four grandchildren.
Legislation more >
Athabascan elder Katie John was well known for her determination and persistence in defense of Alaska Native customary and traditional hunting, fishing, and gathering rights She was a mentor to many Alaskans through...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska