Representing Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
Member News more >
Giving freely of his time SPC Garcia, organized supplies, volunteers and worked weekends to convert a retaining wall at 10th and Hyder from graffiti into a beautiful community treasure.
JUNEAU – Today, exactly 107 years after the First Territorial Alaska Senate passed a bill granting Alaskan women the right to vote, the Thirty-First Alaska Senate unanimously approved a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of universal women’s suffrage in the United States....
District M, Republican
Josh Revak grew up on a family farm in rural Minnesota, where he learned the importance of hard work, community, and family. At age 20, following the events of September 11, 2001, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. He served a full tour in Iraq as a main battle tank crew member with the 1-37 Armor, 1st Armored Brigade, 1st Armored Division, under the leadership of Major General Martin Dempsey. In his second tour of Iraq, Revak was severely wounded by an enemy mortar attack.
After being honorably discharged from the military, he continued to dedicate his time and energy toward serving his community in Minnesota. In 2008, Revak earned the Commander's Award for Public Service, a civilian medal awarded by the Adjutant General of the Minnesota National Guard.
In 2009, Revak moved to Alaska with his wife Marta and his two daughters, Keilah and Sydney. He was soon hired by Congressman Don Young and served as the congressman’s Military and Veterans Affairs Liaison and Advisor for six years. During that time, he also earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Alaska Pacific University. In 2016, Revak was hired by Senator Dan Sullivan, where he worked for over two years in the Anchorage office spearheading issues related the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans affairs.
In 2018, Revak ran for—and won—the House District 25 legislative seat. Shortly thereafter he was honored to be appointed to the Senate District M seat, where he now proudly represents the Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott Loop, Independence Park, and East Dowling areas of Anchorage. Senator Revak is humbled to serve his neighbors in District M and vows to continue to work hard to provide the safe streets, good schools, and economic opportunities needed to ensure a bright future for our children and our amazing State.
Senator Revak has also served as House Representative for District 25; Abbott Loop Community Council Treasurer; life member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart; board member of the Safari Club International, Alaska Chapter; chair of SCI Wounded Warrior on Safari Program; life member of the National Rifle Association; and life member of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Legislation more >
SB 173 consolidates oversight of the emergency medical services system under a single agency Currently, regulation of the EMS system is split between the State Medical Board and the Department of Health and Social...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Cantwell, Nenana, Tanana, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, King Cove, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Hooper Bay, Northeast + Northwest Alaska