News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Giessel
For Immediate Release: May 15, 2019
Statement from Senate President Giessel on Special Session
JUNEAU – Earlier today, Governor Mike Dunleavy announced his intention to call a special session to address public safety, the budget and the Permanent Fund dividend.
Senate President Cathy Giessel, R-Anchorage, today released the following statement in response.
“The Senate passed an operating budget with significant cuts, fully-funded the PFD, and toughened the state’s criminal code by repealing and replacing Senate Bill 91. We are committed to working with our colleagues in the House, and the governor, in seeing these critical policy changes through to the end. We will not rest until the people of Alaska have safe neighborhoods, a healthy economy and the Permanent Fund is protected for future generations.”
For more information, contact Senate Majority Communications Director Daniel McDonald at (907) 465-4066.
News & Videos more >
JUNEAU – Earlier today, Governor Mike Dunleavy announced his intention to call a special session to address public safety, the budget and the Permanent Fund dividend....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today voted unanimously to repeal and replace Senate Bill 91, strengthen the state’s sex crime laws, and provide police and prosecutors with new tools to...
JUNEAU – Senator Bert Stedman, R-Sitka, today released the following statement on the passing of former Representative Bill Williams of Ketchikan.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed a capital budget for fiscal year 2020.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today approved a measure that improves statewide access to vaccines and reduces healthcare costs for providers and insurance payers....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today passed the state’s operating budget for fiscal year 2020.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today unanimously passed a bill to address the state’s healthcare provider shortage.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate Finance Committee today approved amendments boosting this year’s Permanent Fund dividend to about $3,000 per person and transferring $12 billion from the...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously voted for a resolution urging the U.S. to issue a presidential permit allowing a railroad crossing between Alaska and Canada....
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska