News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Hoffman
For Immediate Release: January 22, 2018
Sen. Hoffman Welcomes King Cove Road Deal
JUNEAU – Sen. Lyman Hoffman (D-Bethel) today released the following statement after an agreement was signed by the U.S. Department of Interior and the King Cove Native Corp. to advance the construction of a small gravel road through the Izembek National Wildlife Refuge, which would give King Cove residents access to life-saving medical facilities.
“It’s about time the federal bureaucracy acted to prioritize the life, health and safety of the residents of King Cove. I am thankful to Alaska’s federal delegation – Lisa Murkowski, Dan Sullivan and Don Young – for their successful efforts in moving this life-saving road project forward.”
For more information, contact Senate Majority Press Secretary Daniel McDonald at (907) 465-4066.
News & Videos more >
JUNEAU – Earlier today, Governor Mike Dunleavy announced his intention to call a special session to address public safety, the budget and the Permanent Fund dividend....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today voted unanimously to repeal and replace Senate Bill 91, strengthen the state’s sex crime laws, and provide police and prosecutors with new tools to...
JUNEAU – Senator Bert Stedman, R-Sitka, today released the following statement on the passing of former Representative Bill Williams of Ketchikan.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed a capital budget for fiscal year 2020.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today approved a measure that improves statewide access to vaccines and reduces healthcare costs for providers and insurance payers....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today passed the state’s operating budget for fiscal year 2020.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Legislature today unanimously passed a bill to address the state’s healthcare provider shortage.
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate Finance Committee today approved amendments boosting this year’s Permanent Fund dividend to about $3,000 per person and transferring $12 billion from the...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously voted for a resolution urging the U.S. to issue a presidential permit allowing a railroad crossing between Alaska and Canada....
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, Cantwell, King Cove, Nenana, Hooper Bay, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Northeast + Northwest Alaska