News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Micciche
For Immediate Release: August 25, 2020
Friday: Senate Hearing on Board of Fish Appointees, Public Testimony
ANCHORAGE – On Friday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m. in the Anchorage Legislative Information Office (LIO), the Senate Resources Committee will hold a hearing to take public testimony on and consider Governor Mike Dunleavy’s appointees to the Board of Fisheries: John Jensen, McKenzie Mitchell, Abe Williams, and John Wood.
“Without knowing if a special session will occur prior to the 2021 legislative session, and considering the importance of the Board of Fish process to Alaskans, we felt it was important to review and provide the public an opportunity to weigh in about the specific appointees to the BoF,” said Senator Micciche, R-Soldotna, chairman of the Senate Resources Committee. “Friday’s meeting will provide that opportunity. Our hope is that fishing Alaskans will engage respectfully toward a robust discussion while the results of the 2020 fishing season are fresh on their minds.”
For more information about the appointees, click here.
Members of the public can testify over the phone or submit written testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public testimony call-in numbers:
In Anchorage: (907) 563-9085
In Juneau: (907) 586-9085
From all other areas: (844) 586-9085
WHO: Appointees to the Board of Fisheries
WHAT: Senate Resources Committee hearing and public testimony
WHEN: Friday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Senator Peter Micciche’s office at (907) 283-7996 or via email at Sen.Peter.Micciche@akleg.gov.
News & Videos more >
After a summer of record-setting rainfall, the Swan Lake Hydroelectric Facility reached full capacity following expansion totaling an additional 15 feet of storage for the first time....
ANCHORAGE – On Friday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m. in the Anchorage Legislative Information Office (LIO), the Senate Resources Committee will hold a hearing to take public testimony on and...
KETCHIKAN – Work will soon begin on a host of projects meant to enhance the movement of people and goods between Ketchikan and Gravina Island.
ANCHORAGE – Senate President Cathy Giessel, R-Anchorage, today released the following statement after the U.S. Department of Energy on Thursday authorized the Alaska LNG project to...
ANCHORAGE – Senate President Cathy Giessel, R-Anchorage, today released the following statement in response to the U.S. Department of the Interior’s decision approving an oil and...
JUNEAU – On Tuesday, Senator Bert Stedman, R-Sitka, congratulated the U.S. Coast Guard for its 230th year anniversary.
Senate President Cathy Giessel and Soldotna Senator Peter Micciche today issued the following statements after the tragic death of Soldotna Representative Gary Knopp....
ANCHORAGE – Senate President Cathy Giessel, R-Anchorage, today appointed John Binkley to serve on the Redistricting Board
ANCHORAGE – Members of the Alaska Senate Majority this week commended a decision by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to approve a proposed route for the Ambler Road project....
On Tuesday, the State of Alaska made one of the most important investments in its 61-year history: a roughly $5 billion transfer from the Alaska Permanent Fund’s Earnings Reserve...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Cantwell, Nenana, Tanana, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, King Cove, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Hooper Bay, Northeast + Northwest Alaska