News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Micciche
For Immediate Release: May 21, 2020
Sen. Micciche Commends Alaska LNG Milestone
JUNEAU – The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) announced today it had authorized the Alaska Gasline Development Corporation (AGDC) to liquefy and export liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the North Slope.
In response, Senator Peter Micciche, R-Soldotna, chairman of the Senate Resources Committee, released the following statement.
“Today’s announcement is welcome news for Alaska’s efforts to monetize our North Slope natural gas. A successful project will mean good-paying jobs for Alaskans and cheap, reliable energy for the Interior. I commend the work of AGDC and remain optimistic about the long-term viability of Alaska LNG.”
The Alaska LNG Project consists of a Gas Treatment Plant on the North Slope, an 800-mile pipeline, and an LNG facility in Nikiski.
For more information, contact Senate Majority Communications Director Daniel McDonald at (907) 465-4066.
News & Videos more >
SOLDOTNA – Senator Peter Micciche, R-Soldotna, this week urged the leadership of Alaska Department of Public Safety (DPS) to halt their plan that would centralize 911 response...
JUNEAU – The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) announced today it had authorized the Alaska Gasline Development Corporation (AGDC) to liquefy and export liquefied natural...
HB 313 provides over $1 billion to Alaskans
ANCHORAGE – The state Legislative Budget & Audit Committee today delivered $1 billion to Alaska communities, small businesses, fisheries, and airports from the federal Coronavirus...
JUNEAU – The state Legislative Budget & Audit Committee today authorized $125 million for education, child nutrition programs, public safety, and transportation from the federal...
JUNEAU – On Wednesday, a bill expanding mental health services in Alaska was signed into law by Governor Mike Dunleavy.
JUNEAU – On Wednesday, a bill reforming Alaska’s mining policies was signed into law by Governor Mike Dunleavy.
JUNEAU – On Wednesday, a bill establishing Walter Harper Day on June 7 of each year was signed into law by Governor Mike Dunleavy.
JUNEAU – Today, a bill to create a framework for utilities, independent power producers, and consumer groups to work together on enforceable standards to improve Railbelt electric...
JUNEAU – Senate President Cathy Giessel, R-Anchorage, an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, early this morning released the following statement on the 31st Alaska Legislature’s...
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Cantwell, Nenana, Tanana, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, King Cove, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Hooper Bay, Northeast + Northwest Alaska