News from the Alaska State Legislature, the Office of Senator Micciche
For Immediate Release: August 25, 2020
Friday: Senate Hearing on Board of Fish Appointees, Public Testimony
ANCHORAGE – On Friday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m. in the Anchorage Legislative Information Office (LIO), the Senate Resources Committee will hold a hearing to take public testimony on and consider Governor Mike Dunleavy’s appointees to the Board of Fisheries: John Jensen, McKenzie Mitchell, Abe Williams, and John Wood.
“Without knowing if a special session will occur prior to the 2021 legislative session, and considering the importance of the Board of Fish process to Alaskans, we felt it was important to review and provide the public an opportunity to weigh in about the specific appointees to the BoF,” said Senator Micciche, R-Soldotna, chairman of the Senate Resources Committee. “Friday’s meeting will provide that opportunity. Our hope is that fishing Alaskans will engage respectfully toward a robust discussion while the results of the 2020 fishing season are fresh on their minds.”
For more information about the appointees, click here.
Members of the public can testify over the phone or submit written testimony to email@example.com.
Public testimony call-in numbers:
In Anchorage: (907) 563-9085
In Juneau: (907) 586-9085
From all other areas: (844) 586-9085
WHO: Appointees to the Board of Fisheries
WHAT: Senate Resources Committee hearing and public testimony
WHEN: Friday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Senator Peter Micciche’s office at (907) 283-7996 or via email at Sen.Peter.Micciche@akleg.gov.
News & Videos more >
JUNEAU – Incorporating feedback from Alaskans across the state, Senator Mike Shower, R-Mat-Su Valley, today in the Senate State Affairs Committee unveiled a new version of Senate Bill...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed legislation to ensure Alaska veterans are fully aware of free Veteran Service Organization (VSO) services they are entitled to....
JUNEAU – In the wake of the 2019 loss of accreditation for the University of Alaska Anchorage’s School of Education, the Alaska Senate today unanimously passed a bill requiring the...
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed legislation expanding access to college coursework for public high school students.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has awarded a contract to revitalize its port facility in Ketchikan, Alaska so that the NOAA Ship Fairweather can finally be...
The Alaska Senate passed Senate Bill 19 unanimously today, extending the Special Education Service Agency’s (SESA) sunset date to June 30, 2029.
JUNEAU – A joint resolution that urges for the completion of a federal land grant endowment to the University of Alaska, SJR 8, was passed today by the Alaska Senate....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed a bill to merge oversight of emergency medical services system (EMS) under a single agency.
The Alaska Legislature today unanimously passed Senate Bill 24, allowing corporate shareholder meetings and nonprofit member meetings to be held electronically....
JUNEAU – The Alaska Senate today unanimously passed Senate Bill 24, allowing corporate shareholder meetings and nonprofit member meetings to be held electronically....
Find your Senator full map
- Chugiak/Peters Creek
- Eagle River
- Jewel Lake, Kincaid, Turnagain, Lake Hood, Sand Lake, Spenard, Dimond, Campbell Lake
- Midtown, Dimond, Huffman, Klatt, Southport, Bayshore, Oceanview
- Huffman, O'Malley, Abbott, Loop, Independence Park, East Dowling
- Northeast Anchorage, Anchorage Hillside, Indian, Bird, Girdwood and Portage
- Downtown, Airport Heights, Fairview, Government Hill, Mountain View, Russian Jack, South Addition
- Spenard, Midtown, UMed
- Muldoon, JBER, College Gate, Nunaka Valley, Wonder Park
- Palmer, Butte, Eklutna, Fairview, Lazy Mountain Knik, Gateway
- Wasilla, Meadow Lakes, Knik Big Lake, Point MacKenzie, Goose Bay, North Fairview
- Mat-Su, Delta Junction, Valdez, Copper River Valley, Talkeetna, Valdez
- North Pole, Farmers Loop
- UAF & University West, Chena Ridge, Cantwell, Nenana, Tanana, Kenny Lake, Tok, Copper Center & Tanana
- Adak, Bethel, Cold Bay, King Cove, Sand Point & Unalaska
- Barrow, Nome, Kotzebue, Hooper Bay, Northeast + Northwest Alaska